PREP THOSE BUNS
1. Get all your waxes and nails done 1-2 days before your appointment
2. Night before the spray tan do all your shaving to ensure best color for the next day.
3. Exfoliate with an oil free scrub. Here are my recommendations. We sell an exfoliating body wash to help you prepare your skin for your spray tan, stop in! If you can't get to me, you will want to get HEMPZ exfoliating scrub from Ulta. If you don't have an oil free scrub please only use water and loofah. DO NOT USE DOVE, OLAY, AVEENO, OR DIAL SOAPS. THEY WILL TURN YOUR TAN GREEN.
4. Scrub off all deodorants, lotions, perfumes, shampoos, and conditioners that hit the body and neck.
5. The day of your appointment do NOT wear makeup, lotions, perfumes, and deodorant. This will react with the spray tan and can affect the tan.
1. When do I shower off my tan? Depending on which solution we use I will give you a time to shower before you leave your appointment.
2. Your first shower should be a quick rinse to get off all the bronzer (luke warm temp is best). Glide your hand all over your body brushing off the bronzer layer.
3. Pat dry after your shower. No vigorous rubbing.
4. DO NOT exfoliate with loofahs, body scrubs, body washes or soaps with exfoliating beads until your tan starts to fade away.
5. DO NOT use scented body washes. We highly recommend our aftercare products from the salon. We have body wash and tanning extenders to prolong your tan another 4-5 days. A must have- if your going on vacay!
6.When can I work out?
It is recommended you wait 2-3 days after your tan, you want the tan to fully set onto the skin first.
SPRAY TAN FAQ
How long will the spray tan last?
The general answer is about 5-7 days. However, your tan may last much longer with proper preparation and maintenance! We carry great product in the studio for prep, maintenance and for extending the life of your tan.
What soaps and lotions should I avoid?
It’s best to avoid any products that contain alcohol, mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, and fragrance. It's best to use all-natural products or products made for spray tans. Cetaphil, Shea Moisture Butter, and HempZ body lotions are great local finds for spray tans. We also carry all spray tan designed products! *Please avoid the use of Dove and/or Olay soap.
When should I get sprayed if I have an event on a Saturday?
We suggest getting your spray tan 1-2 days prior to your event! So be sure to schedule appropriately!
How long do I need to wait to rinse off after my initial spray?
For most solutions, processing time is a minimum of 8 hours until first rinse. We do also offer rapid-rinse solutions which is where you can rinse between 1-4 hours! (Rapid-rinse solutions are great for when you are pressed for time or you don’t trust yourself for a full 8 hours of processing without messing your tan up!)
I’m pregnant, can I get a tan?
YES! Absolutely. But please check with your doctor first!
What’s the difference between your tans?
We use several different types of solutions for clients of all different skin types. We use very natural solutions that can be manipulated from a light, to a medium and to a dark. And then we also use upgraded solutions that are aloe-based (keeps the skin hydrated) and contain antioxidants. These upgraded solutions will give you genuine deep-dark tones or extra honey/golden hues.
How do I know which tan to schedule?
If you’ve never been sprayed with us before, simply select the option "Any Color + Full Body Application Dry Powder". We can decide at your session which bronze will be best for your skin type and desired result.
Can I get burnt with a spray tan?
Yes, please protect yourself with a spray-tan friendly sunblock! Sunblocks that contain alcohol will dry out your skin and strip your tan. Getting burnt with a spray tan will cause your tan to peal and appear uneven. A Spray Tan will not protect you from the sun.
Will the spray tan stain my clothes?
The bronzer from the tan may rub off onto your clothes, sheets, etc. That is why we do suggest wearing long-sleeved, dark clothing to wear while your tan is processing until your first rinse! *Getting our fan-favorite full body finishing powder treatment at the end of your service will alleviate that risk! If the bronzers rubs off, pop your clothes/sheets in the wash the following day.
How often should I be getting a spray tan?
This is totally up to you! Our clients that are on more of a regular schedule tend to either do once a week, one every 10 days, or once every 2 weeks. The difference depends on how well you are caring for your tans, your skin and how it holds the tan and your schedule! We do not suggest spray tanning just a few days apart since that will cause too much build up if proper exfoliation isn’t done! Too much build up will cause your tan to appear uneven and “blotchy”.
What types of payment do you take?
Cash, Debit/Credit Cards, and Venmo!
I’m a bride, do you suggest a trial?
If you are a new client of ours, we always suggest doing a trial a few weeks prior to your wedding! Just to ensure we give you the perfect color you desire!
How much space in my house do you need to spray? And where?
We typically suggest the kitchen! The kitchen typically has the most lighting, space and we would be so grateful to have access to a sink! We only need about a 5 ft x 5 ft amount of space! And the spray tan tent is about 7 ft high!
I’m really fair-skinned, am I going to look orange?
Absolutely not. The majority of our clients are fair-skinned! Our lighter clients absolutely love our solutions and technique. You will look amazingly natural as long as you be sure to properly prepare for your tan and use proper products to maintain!
When should I get my nails done or Body/Facial Waxing?
Getting your nails done 1-3 days prior to your tan is ideal! When getting your nails done after, you run the risk of the nail tech scrubbing off your tan. If you are getting your nails done the same day as your tan, be sure to tell the technician to not apply lotion or exfoliate your skin! Same goes for waxing, 2-3 days prior to your service.