LASH EXTENSION AFTERCARE
1. Don’t let your eyelashes get wet for 24 hours after your procedure. This will give the glue an appropriate amount of time to cure. This means you should also avoid steam rooms/saunas and swimming during that period. The gym too.
2. Do not use waterproof mascara on your eyelashes. A water soluble mascara or one designed specifically for eyelash extensions is fine to use, although you’ll probably find that you no longer require mascara. (There is a mascara by Poni Cosmetics called White Knight Mascara that you can buy online if you really want).
3. Most brands of mascara contain chemical properties and oils that will break down the adhesive. Removing mascara from your lashes can cause the extensions to fall off prematurely.
4. Do not use cleansers, makeup removers or moisturizers that contain oil or solvents on your eyes, as these will compromise the bonding agent used to adhere your eyelashes.
5. Shampoos & Conditioners are some of the most oily based products we use on a daily basis, when showering do not let those run down your face and on top of your lashes!
6. Do not rub your eyes, instead you should get used to patting your eyes gently which is in fact much better for the eyelashes.
7. Proper hygiene is very important. Please keep lashes clean, do not let makeup or bacteria build up on lashes. It’s important to clean them with lash shampoo + water.
8. Use care when applying facial and eye creams to avoid the lash line. Too many oil-based products can break down the adhesive. (Also if you apply these products wait at least 30 minutes to lay your head on a pillow as these products can transfer to you pillow and to your lashes).
9. Never pull your eyelash extension off as it will pull out your natural eyelash. If you want them removed contact your professional eyelash removal service.
10. Do not perm or tint your eyelash extensions.
11. Do not use eyelash curlers on your eyelashes.
12. Refills are required when you have 40-60% of your lashes left. Any less less than that will result in a Full Set.
LASH REFILL INFORMATION
If you want to keep up with your lash extensions we offer 1, 2, & 3-week refills. We highly recommend that after your Full Set, you pre-book your refill appointments, especially if you have a preferred stylist.
1 Week Refills - 5 to 7 days from your previous appointment
2 Week Refills - 8 to 16 days from your previous appointment
3 Week Refills - 17 to 24 days from your previous appointment
Any appointments requested after a 24-day period from your last are considered a Full Set. Our stylists are trained to maintain the health of your natural lashes, as well as refill the lash retention lost. We ask that you book your refills in a timely manner, and ask your stylist if you have questions.