1. Don’t let your eyelashes get wet for 24 hours after your procedure. This will give the glue an appropriate amount of time to cure. This means you should also avoid steam rooms/saunas and swimming during that period. The gym too.
2. Do not use waterproof mascara on your eyelashes. A water soluble mascara or one designed specifically for eyelash extensions is fine to use, although you’ll probably find that you no longer require mascara. (There is a mascara by Poni Cosmetics called White Knight Mascara that you can buy online if you really want).
3. Most brands of mascara contain chemical properties and oils that will break down the adhesive. Removing mascara from your lashes can cause the extensions to fall off prematurely.
4. Use cotton swabs to remove makeup by working gently around the eyelashes. (Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water with the Pink cap is great for makeup removal and it’s water-based).
5. Do not use cleansers, makeup removers or moisturizers that contain oil or solvents on your eyes, as these will compromise the bonding agent used to adhere your eyelashes.
6. Shampoos & Conditioners are some of the most oil based products we use on a daily basis, when showering do not let those run down your face and on top of your lashes!
7. Do not rub your eyes, instead you should get used to patting your eyes gently which is in fact much better for the eyelashes.
8. Proper hygiene is very important. Please keep lashes clean, do not let makeup or bacteria build up on lashes. It’s important to clean them with just water.
9. Be careful not to get your eyelashes caught on clothes when you’re dressing and undressing or towels when you’ve showered.
10. Use care when applying facial and eye creams to avoid the lash line. Too many oil-based products can break down the adhesive. (Also if you apply these products wait at least 15 minutes to lay your head on a pillow as these products can transfer to you pillow and to your lashes).
11. Never pull your eyelash extension off as it will pull out your natural eyelash. If you want them removed contact your professional eyelash removal service.
12. Do not perm or tint your eyelash extensions.
13. Do not use eyelash curlers on your eyelashes.
Book your next eyelash refill at 2 week or a maximum of 4 week intervals in order to maintain your optimum eyelash effect. Refills depends on natural lash shedding and how well you maintain your lashes. A refill should be when you have ½ your lashes left.